Electric standby systems are becoming increasingly popular due to their many benefits. They are much more environmentally friendly than diesel units, they are quieter and they have a much lower maintenance cost. In addition, electric units can provide a significant boost to the efficiency of your refrigerated transport operation.
What are the benefits of electric standby units for refrigerated transport?
There are many benefits to using electric standby units, including:
1. Increased safety: Electric standby units provide a reliable backup power source, ensuring that the refrigerated compartment can maintain a safe temperature in the event of an engine failure or power loss.
2. Extended shelf life: Electric standby units can keep the refrigerated compartment at a safe temperature for extended periods of time, ensuring that perishable items remain fresh and safe to eat.
3. Reduced emissions
: Electric standby units are environmentally friendly. They use less fuel than traditional refrigeration units and do not produce emissions, making them a more environmentally-friendly and sustainable option for keeping items cool or frozen compared with traditional diesel-powered refrigeration systems
4. Cost savings: Electric standby units are often more cost-effective than diesel refrigeration units, due to the lower cost of electricity. When parking a truck, the standby system can be turned on to keep refrigerated cargo cool and secure. This is a convenient way to keep the truck refrigerated without having to run the engine, which can save on fuel costs.
5. Convenience: Electric standby truck refrigeration units are convenient to use. They can be turned on and off with the flip of a switch, providing a number of benefits for truck drivers. Besides that, standby unit is usually designed & installed inside the main transport refrigeration system, and do not require any special installation or wiring. This makes them a convenient option for truck fleets who need to keep their goods frozen while parking.
6. Quieter operation is another advantage of electric standby units. Diesel engines are notoriously loud, which can be a nuisance for both drivers and nearby residents. Electric standby units are much quieter, making them a more pleasant option for both drivers and the people living near transport routes.
Electric standby units are an essential part of any refrigerated transport system. By providing a backup power source, they can keep your system running even if the primary power source fails. This can save you money by preventing lost shipments and avoiding the need to repair or replace damaged equipment.
What’s more, electric standby units require less maintenance than diesel engines. Diesel engines require regular servicing and parts replacement, which can be expensive. Electric standby units have fewer moving parts and require less maintenance, which can save you money over time.
How electric standby units can improve refrigerated transport?
Electric standby units can improve refrigerated transport by providing a reliable and consistent source of power. This can help to ensure that the temperature of the refrigerated compartment is maintained at the correct level, preventing spoilage of perishable goods. In addition, electric standby units can help to reduce fuel costs by eliminating the need for idling engines while the vehicle is not in use.